1. Internal Welding Machine:
Key features and functions of the internal welding machine in the LSAW pipe making production line include:
– Welding Method: The internal welding machine typically uses the Submerged Arc Welding (SAW) process. The SAW process involves creating an arc between a continuously fed welding wire (electrode) and the inside surface of the pre-formed pipe. The weld zone is submerged under a layer of granular flux, which shields the molten metal, resulting in a strong and efficient weld.
– Welding Head and Manipulator: The internal welding machine incorporates a welding head and a manipulator, allowing precise control over the welding process. The welding head is equipped with the welding wire and the necessary equipment to initiate and maintain the welding arc.
– Seam Tracking System: Advanced internal welding machines may feature a seam tracking system that ensures accurate positioning and alignment of the welding head along the longitudinal seam of the pipe. This system helps maintain a consistent and even weld along the entire length of the pipe.
– Welding Control System: The internal welding machine includes a control system that allows operators to set and adjust welding parameters such as welding speed, current, voltage, and flux feed rate, ensuring precise control over the welding process.
In summary, both the internal and external welding machines in the LSAW pipe making production line play critical roles in producing seamless and high-quality pipes. The internal welding machine creates a strong and efficient weld along the inside surface of the pipe’s longitudinal seam.